Phillip Swann is president and publisher of TVPredictions.com. He has been quoted in dozens of publications and broadcast outlets, including CNN, Fox News, Inside Edition, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, The Financial Times, The Associated Press and The Hollywood Reporter. He can be reached at email@example.com or at 703-505-3064.
Click TVPredictions.com to read more news and features on TV technology.
The Geek Squad program for AARP members will cost $169.99 for one year and will include:
* Unlimited access to Geek Squad Agents online, in-store and by phone.
- A personal shopper program tailored to AARP members through a dedicated 1-800 phone line, exclusive email access and seamless order process, supported by Geek Squad Agents who have completed specialized training to support AARP members specifically.
- Set-up/installation of computers, tablets and peripherals through access to Geek Squad Agents in-store and online.
- Diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair services in-store and online for computers and computer peripherals.
- Special discounts on additional Geek Squad services, including 15 percent off all in-home and in-store services, and 25 percent off all online services.
- Free recycling and disposal of CE products in 12 categories, regardless of where or when the item was originally purchased.
- Training via phone
and online on topics
players, social media,
digital media, digital
cameras, email and
This is a great idea from Best Buy and one long overdue. Older Americans are very interested in new tech products but are often overwhelmed by the industry's tendency to make them more complicated than they need to be. Now, older folks, at least the AARP members, have a place to turn.
What do you think? Offer your comments below!